About HEROIC Cybersecurity
HEROIC protects against hackers and cyber threats. Our mission is to intelligently protect the world's information and we are a leading innovator of next-generation cybersecurity solutions for large organizations. To learn more, please visit https://HEROIC.com
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
HEROIC is looking for an experienced onsite internal IT Support and Server Administrator with strong skills in server technical operations and ensuring staff computing infrastructure is maintained and supported. This position is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting PC systems, managing servers and storage, maintaining internal networks, software/hardware updates, backups, diagnostics of failing components, and imaging/deployment of new systems.
The IT and server administrator supports end users to provide timely customer service and resolve issues with their PCs, and other peripheral devices, and is responsible for assisting in writing documentation for use by the team. This person will also be responsible for supporting a number of externally hosted sites, as well as overseas HEROIC development center servers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair computer hardware, software, peripherals, network systems, mobile devices, and other equipment
- Contributes to the planning and organization of the deployment of new systems.
- Participates in departmental and cross-departmental IT projects.
- Ensure that asset management records are accurate and secure.
- Conduct asset and security audits
- Assists in organizational training as applicable.
- Assists in identifying new solutions and services for the technical support team that align with business objectives.
- Contributes to the project planning of hardware and software procurement process.
- Manager internal, overseas, and external application hosting.
- MS Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Microsoft Active Directory, Domain Controllers, and DHCP/DNS infrastructure.
- Worked with enterprise data backup solutions, firewalls, hosting such as AWS, Google Server, OVH
- Application management such as Jira, IP Phone Systems, Salesforce, HipChat, LassPass, …
- Communication: Strong influencing and two-way communication skills, including listening and information sharing. Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Coordination: Coordinate and ensure quality and schedule adherence, verify compliance. Enforce policies and objectives of programs and activities.
- Customer Service: Strong customer service focus, positive attitude, and possess a sense of urgency. Exercise good judgment and sound decision-making.
- Problem Solving: Identify solutions for range of straightforward problems and use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
- Task Oriented: Manage multiple assigned tasks, perform routine assignments, and develop competence by performing structured work. Work independently as well as part of a team to resolve issues and mitigate risks. Work within established procedures with moderate level of instruction, guidance, supervision, and direction from others.
- Willing and able to build knowledge of organization, processes, and end-users
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- WordPress skills would be an asset.
Required Education, Training, and Experience:
- Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in technical systems support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting Windows based desktops and servers
- Cybersecurity training, certificate would be an asset
- Project implementation experience helpful